Carolina Guardian Society
The Carolina Guardian Society honors our alumni and friends who have generously remembered the University of South Carolina or one of its affiliated foundations in their estate plans. Please contact us to learn how you can leave a legacy for the University of South Carolina or one of its affiliated foundations or notify us of your intentions so we may welcome you to the Carolina Guardian Society.
The following types of commitments, confirmed in writing and subject to certain restrictions, qualify you for
membership in the Carolina Guardian Society:
- a bequest in your will or revocable trust;
- a life income gift that names the University of South Carolina or one of its affiliated foundations as a remainder beneficiary, such as a charitable remainder trust or a charitable gift annuity;
- a charitable lead trust that provides income to the University of South Carolina or one of its affiliated foundations for your lifetime or a term of years;
- a gift or assignment of qualified retirement plan assets, such as an IRA, 401(k), or 403(b);
- a gift of life insurance.
If you have already included the University of South Carolina or one of its affiliated foundations in a bequest or other planned gift, we hope you will let us know by filling out the Carolina Guardian Society membership form. Your willingness to be listed as a member of the Carolina Guardian Society encourages others to follow your example. We honor the wishes of those who choose to remain anonymous, but we urge you to let us know of your plans on a confidential basis. If you have not yet included the University of South Carolina or one of its affiliated foundations in your plans and would like to explore the best options for you and your family, please contact us. We will be glad to provide a confidential forum to discuss your options without any obligation.
Each new member will receive a certificate of appreciation and a welcome letter from the Chair of the Carolina Guardian Society, along with a handsome recognition gift that we hope you will treasure for years to come.
In addition to these small expressions of gratitude, we hope you will allow us to recognize you as a
member of the Carolina Guardian Society. Lastly, as a member of
the Carolina Guardian Society, you will receive timely information, tips, and ongoing professional gift
planning services from the Office of Gift Planning.